On Stockhead today, Guy Le Page spots a potential gold M&A, Reubs spots a potential mother lode and UBS spots… Albemarle.

But first, the day ahead.



The following list of stocks went into trading halts and are expected out in the coming days:

Vertex Minerals (ASX:VTX) – Capital raising.

Venture Minerals (ASX:VMS) – Placement of the shortfall from Venture’s recent share purchase plan.

Trek Metals (ASX:TKM) – Capital raising.

Moho Resources (ASX:MOH) – MOH is having a capital raise… How hard could it be? (Just a little joke for all you geologists out there…).



Gold: $US1972.23 (-0.19%)

Silver: $US23.650 (-0.72%)

Nickel (3mth): $US24,025/t (+2.02%)

Copper (3mth): $US9002.50/t (+0.27%)

Oil (WTI): $US72.01(-0.41%)

Oil (Brent): $US79.81 (+0.49%)

Iron 62pc Fe: $US106.50/t (+3.9%)

AUD/USD: 0.6650 (-0.0%)

Bitcoin: $US26,854 (+0.01%)



Eagle Mountain has landed…

Musgrave meets paydirt…

There’s new nickel afoot…


For all you crypto lovers Stockhead’s Coinhead Twitter is the place to share your views, insights, tips and ideas.

Also, be sure to check in preopen each day for ‘Market highlights and 5 ASX small caps to watch’, and 10.30am for our daily ‘10 at 10’ column — a live summary of winners & losers at the opening bell.



Here are the best performing ASX small cap stocks:
Swipe or scroll to reveal full table. Click headings to sort:

Wordpress Table Plugin

It was Day 2 for Westar Resources (ASX:WSR),  which managed to add almost 70%, in spite of having the ASX hobble the stock for nearly 90 minutes in the middle of the day with a speeding ticket.

WSR ended on a still happy (but might have been happier…) 64% gain for the day.

Sultan Resources (ASX:SLZ) enjoyed a massive spike in interest on no news.

RTG Mining (ASX:RTG) added a solid 22% on the back of an after-hours announcement to the market that landed right in the middle of dinner time.

The announcement says that RTG has reached a comprehensive settlement of all outstanding issues with the Villar Family-controlled Sage Capital and TVI Resource Development (TVIRD), and a binding Memorandum of Agreement signed.

Under the deal, “all litigation that RTG had launched will be withdrawn as part of an agreed restructuring of the Mabilo Project”, and execution of the agreement is expected to take place in the next month or so.

The key terms of the agreement include RTG (through SRM Gold Limited) retaining a 40% interest in Mt. Labo Exploration and Development Corporation (“Mt. Labo”) with the project also developed by Mt. Labo, in line with Philippine regulatory requirements, with Sage Capital (which is owned by TVIRD) holding the remaining 60%.

RTG will have a 2% net smelter royalty (NSR), and RTG’s debt together with interest, currently in the order of US$27m (subject to audit) will be repaid out of the proceeds of Stage 1, the direct shipping portion of the project.



Here are the least best performing ASX small cap stocks:

Swipe or scroll to reveal full table. Click headings to sort:

Wordpress Table Plugin