On Stockhead today, pro tips on how to value the wild retail sector, the top 5 NSX stocks in 2021, and a supercomputer backed by… green hydrogen.

But first…

 

THE DAY AHEAD

Potentially market moving economic data includes quarterly construction work figures and the Leading Index which are due out at 11.30am and 10.30am (AEST) respectively.

 

TRADING HALTS

Wednesday

1414 Degrees (ASX:14D) – management updates
Navarre Minerals (ASX:NML) – capital raising
Odyssey Gold (ASX:ODY) – exploration results
Winchester Energy (ASX:WEL) – capital raising
Vital Metals (ASX:VML) – exploration results
Central Petroleum (ASX:CTP) – asset sale
BNK Banking (ASX:BBC) – capital raising
Latitude Consolidated (ASX:LCD) – capital raising
Aldoro Resources (ASX:ARN) – strategic review outcome
Cue Energy Resources (ASX:CUE) – asset acquisition
MyState (ASX:MYS) – capital raising
New Zealand Oil and Gas (ASX:NZO) – asset acquisition

Thursday

VRX Silica (ASX:VRX) – project update
Metro Mining (ASX:MMI) – finance facility
Suvo Strategic Minerals (ASX:SUV) – project update
Memphasys (ASX:MEM) – capital raising

 

MARKETS

Gold: $US1,898.95 ($2,450.26) (+0.95%)

Silver: $US27.99 ($36.12) (+0.67%)

Oil (WTI): $US65.99 (-0.09%)

Oil (Brent): $US68.53 (+0.29%)

Coal: $US106.25 (+1.48%)

Iron 62pc Fe: $US207.01 (-0.57%)

AUD/USD: $US0.7748 (-0.05%)

Bitcoin: $US37,645.73 (-3.61%)

 

WHAT GOT YOU TALKING YESTERDAY?

Investors in ASX resources stocks would know Canada is a hot destination for explorers – but perhaps for investors too. And one analyst argued money is draining to Canada’s bourse given the lower valuations of companies over there.

Also, in case you missed it, our audience enjoyed our latest edition of On the Bid in which our panel discussed Australia’s housing market.

To keep up to date with Stockhead coverage, follow our Twitter page or sign up to our members-only Facebook group here.

For the crypto lovers Stockhead’s Cryptohead Facebook group is the place to share all your crypto views, insights, tips and ideas.

Also, be sure to check in at 10.20am each day for our daily 10 at 10 column — a live summary of winners & losers at the opening bell.

 

YESTERDAY’S WINNERS

Scroll or swipe to reveal table. Click headings to sort.

Microcap property developer Devine (ASX:DVN), 59 per cent owned by CIMIC Group (ASX:CIM), received a bid from the latter company for the other 41 per cent of shares at a premium nearly double to Monday’s closing price.

Also rising strongly was Variscan Mines (ASX:VAR), which gained 81pc after a drilling program at its historic San Jose mine in Spain revealed high-grade zinc mineralisation.

 

YESTERDAY’S LOSERS

Scroll or swipe to reveal table. Click headings to sort.

Carbon fibre wheel manufacturer Carbon Revolution (ASX:CBR) fell after a company update released at the market close on Monday.

The company said one of its customers temporarily suspended vehicle production due to the global chip shortage and this would cause FY21 sales to be below FY20’s figures.