Special Report: Azure Minerals (ASX:AZS) is starting exploration at its Andover project, where previous drilling by the Creasy Group hit high-grade nickel and copper.

A top drill hit of 7m grading 2.62 per cent nickel and 0.65 per cent copper from a depth of 26m highlights the project’s massive potential.

Down-hole electromagnetic (DHEM) surveys identified strong off-hole conductors in four of the previous holes, indicating potential for extensive sulphide-rich bodies both down-dip and along-strike from the mineralised intersections.

Two target areas have been prioritised as targets for Azure’s maiden drilling program.

The company will also undertake Fixed Loop Transient Electro-Magnetic (FLTEM) surface surveys over the two target zones to assess down-dip potential and refine drill hole targeting.

Andover layered mafic-ultramafic intrusive complex with Creasy Group drill hole collars and target locations for Azure’s maiden drilling program Pic: Supplied

Additional FLTEM surveys will also be carried out over targets identified by geophysical anomalies and outcropping gossans containing anomalous values of nickel, copper and pathfinder elements.

Azure’s maiden 3,000m diamond core drill program is expected to begin in September with the first six holes totalling 1,200m testing the two targets identified by the Creasy Group.

The remaining drilling of a further 1,800m will follow-up on positive results and test new targets identified by the regional FLTEM surveys.


Proven nickel potential

Azure reached an agreement in mid-July to acquire 60 per cent in the 70sqkm Andover project from renowned prospector Mark Creasy in return for a free carry on the Creasy Group’s remaining 40 per cent interest until the execution of a mining venture agreement.

The project covers most of the Andover mafic-ultramafic intrusive complex, making it geologically similar to the Fraser Range Province, and is just 3.5km from Artemis Resources’ (ASX:ARV) Carlow Castle gold-copper-cobalt deposit and 28km northeast of the shuttered Radio Hill nickel-copper mine.

Historical exploration has demonstrated that it hosts nickel, copper, cobalt, platinum and palladium mineralisation, while the Creasy Group drilling in 2018 has intersected semi-massive, stringer and disseminated nickel and copper sulphide mineralisation with potentially economic grades and widths at shallow depths.

This story was developed in collaboration with Azure Minerals, a Stockhead advertiser at the time of publishing.

This story does not constitute financial product advice. You should consider obtaining independent advice before making any financial decisions.