Nickel explorer Azure Minerals has completed an archaeological and ethnographical survey for its VC-07 prospect at its Andover project in WA’s Pilbara.

The heritage surveys for all proposed access tracks and drill sites at VC-07 allow Azure Minerals (ASX:AZS) to roll out a drilling program for the nickel-copper deposit.

Traditional owners of the Andover country in WA’s Pilbara region have worked with the company to complete the heritage surveys for ground disturbing activity at VC-07.

WA’s Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety has approved an updated program of work for the VC-07 nickel-copper sulphide deposit.

This work program includes carrying out a comprehensive drill-out and to prepare a JORC-compliant mineral resource estimate, which the company has been working toward.

Drilling program one-third complete

A 30,000m drilling program at the VC-07 prospect is one-third completed to date.

The company has two diamond drill rigs operating at VC-07, one focused on the deposit’s western strike extension, and a second focused on infill drilling for a resource definition.

A third drilling rig is scheduled to start at the Andover deposit later in April.

The VC-07 nickel-copper sulphide deposit is within Azure Minerals’ Andover project. Image: company supplied

Andover project has lots of upside

Azure Minerals has been developing its Andover project since kicking off drilling at the nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation last October.

The VC-07 prospect has a mineralised ore body interpreted to extend east-west over a 1,050m strike length with a down-dip extent of at least 300 to 400m and is open to depth.

Company managing director, Tony Rovira, said Andover has the potential to contain a host of multiple nickel-copper sulphide deposits in its bedrock.

Azure Minerals has a 60 per cent equity interest in the Andover deposit and the remaining 40 per cent is held by the Creasy Group.



This article was developed in collaboration with Azure Minerals, a Stockhead advertiser at the time of publishing.


This article does not constitute financial product advice. You should consider obtaining independent advice before making any financial decisions.