Azure Minerals has confirmed the nickel-copper sulphide strike zone at its Andover project near Karratha in WA now exceeds 300m in length and 400m in depth.

The confirmation came from five new drill holes at Azure Minerals’ (ASX:AZS) VC-07 prospect that intersected significant nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation within its Andover complex in WA’s West Pilbara region.

Andover has a mineralisation similar to Chalice Mining’s (ASX:CHN) Julimar discovery and to Legend Mining’s (ASX:LEG) Mawson nickel-copper discovery.

“The VC-07 nickel-copper mineralised system continues to excite with its significant mineralisation defined near surface, down-dip and along strike, and remaining completely open in these directions,” managing director, Tony Rovira, said.

The newly identified upper mineralisation zone for Andover’s VC-07 system is within 60m of the surface, and its thickness is up to 26m and remains open along strike and down-dip.

Last month, Azure Minerals said drilling results put the VC-07 mineralisation strike length at 200m, meaning the explorer has added another 100m of mineralisation in a few weeks.

Second mineralisation horizon detected

A second mineralisation horizon, designated as the Upper Zone by the company, has been intersected in three drill holes, extending the prospect’s mineralisation close to the surface.

To date, 14 out of 15 drill holes completed at the VC-07 prospect in the West Pilbara region have intersected significant nickel-copper sulphide mineralisation.

“We are very pleased by the fact that 14 of the 15 holes Azure has drilled at VC-07 have intersected broad mineralised intervals containing significant quantities of nickel-copper sulphides,” Rovira said.

Two drill rigs are currently operating at the VC-07 prospect, and a third rig is set to arrive on site in April to progress work on a mineral resource definition for the discovery.

“Given that we have drilled the VC-07 electromagnetic conductor plate over 300m of strike with 750m still to be tested, and that the mineralised body is unconstructed at depth, we are growing ever more confident that further drilling will define a major nickel-copper sulphide deposit at Andover,” said Rovira.

Azure Minerals expands nickel mineralisation for Andover project
Cross-section of the VC-07 prospect showing its mineralisation open and down dip including a new Upper Zone. Image: company supplied

Further EM surveying to identify drill targets

Ongoing downhole electromagnetic surveying continues to identify extensions of the electromagnetic conductor plates associated with the VC-07 prospect zone and is being used to identify further targets for drilling.

Assay results for VC-07 drill holes include 4.6m at 2.1 per cent nickel and 0.2 per cent copper from 78.4m.

Andover is 60 per cent owned by Azure Minerals and the remaining 40 per cent of its project is held by its partner Creasy Group.


This article was developed in collaboration with Azure Minerals, a Stockhead advertiser at the time of publishing.


This article does not constitute financial product advice. You should consider obtaining independent advice before making any financial decisions.