2021 has given us an ASX crypto ETF, a semiconductor ETF and soon a private equity ETF will be added to the list.

This morning one of the Australian bourse’s major ETF providers VanEck announced it was launching the Global Listed Private Equity ETF (ASX:GPEQ).

Van Eck says, similar to the crypto and semiconductor ETFs, it is the first time Australian investors will had such direct access to this asset class, which accounts for 98% of the world’s companies (the other 2% being listed).

“Private equity offers investors long-term historical outperformance over public markets, yet traditionally it has only been accessible by institutional and ultra high net worth investors,” said Van Eck Asia-Pacific CEO Arian Neiron.

“GPEQ changes that and allows all investors to participate in private equity investments for the first time through a single trade on the ASX.

“As an alternative investment, private equity is important for investor’s portfolios as it displays a low correlation with equities and bonds as well as offering attractive risk and return characteristics.”

The VanEck Global Listed Private Equity ETF (GPEQ) will track the LPX50 Index which represents the global performance of the 50 most highly capitalised and liquid listed direct, indirect and private equity managers.

Some of these include 3i Group, Ares Capital, Onex Corp and Main Street Capital.

LPX50 Index chart

On local markets, the ASX has retreated slightly this morning down 0.12% to 7,444 points as at 11.45am (AEDT).

The resources sector is higher, but bank stocks are down. So far this week, the ASX has struggled to follow the lead from Wall Street, which continues to hit new record highs.

Meanwhile, the gold price continues to hold its gains after pushing above US$1,800/oz at the end of last week.


Here are the best performing ASX small cap stocks for November 9 [intraday]:

Swipe or scroll to reveal full table. Click headings to sort:

Code Name Price % Change Volume
WOO Wooboard Tech Ltd 0.002 33 251527
LMG Latrobe Magnesium 0.1375 31 36954873
ANL Amani Gold Ltd 0.0025 25 2445515
AYM Australia United Min 0.01 25 4500344
PLG Pearlgullironlimited 0.135 23 87692
RFT Rectifier Technolog 0.044 22 17420832
CHN Chalice Mining Ltd 8.23 22 3178339
PH2 Pure Hydrogen Corp 0.665 21 10235722
LIO Lion Energy Limited 0.099 21 9141255
ECT Env Clean Tech Ltd. 0.024 20 14444652
DCC Digitalx Limited 0.1325 20 13358931
AOA Ausmon Resorces 0.007 17 5143151
KEY KEY Petroleum 0.0035 17 206750
SBR Sabre Resources 0.007 17 153811
MRL Mayur Resources Ltd 0.225 15 36500
KOR Korab Resources 0.061 15 13063556
DDD 3D Resources Limited 0.004 14 7923334
MEB Medibio Limited 0.008 14 1748131
RD1 Registry Direct 0.032 14 67397
RDS Redstone Resources 0.016 14 570999
HIQ Hitiq Limited 0.205 14 1454828
PXS Pharmaxis Ltd 0.125 14 995427
DOU Douugh Limited 0.077 13 7302627
Wordpress Table Plugin

Chalice (ASX:CHN) rose after unveiling its Maiden Mineral Resource for Julimar.

The company confirmed it was largest nickel sulphide discovery globally in at least 20 years, and the largest PGE discovery in Australian history.

Pearl Gull Iron (ASX:PG1) rose after drilling results

Douugh (ASX:DOU) updated shareholders on its customer numbers in the US.

And biotech Pharmaxis (ASX:PXS) got won FDA approval of its Investigational New Drug application to trial its PXS-5505 drug against liver cancer.


Here are the worst performing ASX small cap stocks for November 9 [intraday]:

Swipe or scroll to reveal full table. Click headings to sort:

Code Name Price % Change Volume
CAE Cannindah Resources 0.355 -38 8044087
YPB YPB Group Ltd 0.002 -33 4895465
GAP Gale Pacific Limited 0.305 -28 2378102
DME Dome Gold Mines Ltd 0.195 -26 8535
TZL TZ Limited 0.14 -20 1029189
CCE Carnegie Cln Energy 0.0025 -17 1906875
ACW Actinogen Medical 0.16 -16 7775987
TNG TNG Limited 0.1025 -15 4365219
GGX Gas2Grid Limited 0.003 -14 969800
MTB Mount Burgess Mining 0.006 -14 80000
GLA Gladiator Resources 0.033 -13 6506953
EGN Engenco Limited 0.47 -13 28868
CGB Cann Global Limited 0.0035 -13 7597373
EQX Equatorial Res Ltd 0.19 -12 25520
ZMI Zinc of Ireland NL 0.053 -10 10000
EQN Equinoxresources 0.225 -10 292924
NAG Nagambie Resources 0.072 -10 5920
TPD Talon Energy Ltd 0.009 -10 3473357
WMG Western Mines 0.185 -10 135280
AEV Avenira Limited 0.02 -9 8489025
TYM Tymlez Group 0.031 -9 5465947
IOD Iodm Limited 0.32 -9 67478
AZL Arizona Lithium Ltd 0.11 -8 23613485
Wordpress Table Plugin

After posting big gains last week in connection with news from its ‘Mt Cannindah’ copper-gold-silver project, Cannindah (ASX:CAE) plunged this morning after its latest exploration update.

Gale Pacific (ASX:GAP) fell after a trading update in which it reported it had been hit by cost inflation greater than it had previously anticipated.