Resources and tech stocks led the ASX back into positive territory Thursday.

After a drop yesterday, led by tech, the bourse rebounded with the ASX 200 closing 0.52% higher.

Resources led gaining 1.51% and tech gaining 2.6%. The only sector in negative territory was property which lost over 1%.

 

TODAY’S BIGGEST WINNERS

Scroll or swipe to reveal table. Click headings to sort.

Stocks highlighted in yellow rose (or fell) after making announcements during intraday trade.

Ovato (ASX:OVT) led the ASX’s winners on a big day for the company. Today, the ACCC gave its blessing to the acquisition of OVT’s magazine publishing business and a put option was exercised for the purposes of the sale.

Red Sky Energy (ASX:ROG) won the approval of the South Australian government to commence operations at its Killanoola oil project.

Rock oyster seller East 33 (ASX:ETT) rose on its first trading day.

And SRJ Technologies (ASX:SRJ) climbed off the back of a major order.

 

TODAY’S BIGGEST LOSERS

Nutritional Growth Solutions (ASX:NGS) and  Ausmon Resources (ASX:AOA) fell off the back of their quarterlies.

 

ANNOUNCEMENTS YOU MAY’VE MISSED

Australian Pharmaceutical Industries (ASX:API) has rejected Wesfarmers’ (ASX:WES) takeover offer. API said the deal undervalues the business, was not compelling and not in the best interests of shareholders.

Twenty Seven Co (ASX:TSC) has decided to bring forward drilling at its Rover Gold project in WA. It plans to begin a campaign at Rover Gold in September while resume exploration in NSW “as soon as practicable”.

Red 5 (ASX:RED) has sealed a deal to sell its stake in Greenstone Resources which holds two projects in the Phillippines. The deal will deliver US$19 million in cash consideration as well as a net smelter return royalty of 3.25% payable for up to 619,000 ounces of gold.

Volpara Health Technology (ASX:VHT) received FDA clearance for the latest version of its science algorithm. The company says this increases imaging processing security and makes it easier to monitor, service and update software.

John Lyng Group (ASX:JLG) has bought a 60% stake in restoration services company Steamatic Australia. It has paid $10.8 million but will leave the other 40% in the hands of the company’s founder and CEO Oliver Therlfall.

Software company Transendence Technologies (ASX:TTL) appears to have staved off extinction, sealing a deal to recapitalise as a gold company. It will buy the Redcastle Gold Project in WA but has until September 23 to settle, being 2 years since it was first suspended by the ASX.

Companies continue to release their quarterly activities and cash flow reports. Two companies releasing in the afternoon were Great Southern Mining (ASX:GSN) and Brightstar Resources (ASX:BTR).

 

TRADING HALTS

Friday

Tasman Resources (ASX:TAS) – drill program update
Conico (ASX:CNJ) – drill program update
Zenith Minerals (ASX:ZNC) – capital raising
Melbana Energy (ASX:MAY) – capital raising
Rhythm Biosciences (ASX:RHY) – capital raising
Allegiance Coal (ASX:AHQ) – capital raising

Monday
Epsilon Healthcare (ASX:EPN) – new director appointments
VRX Silica (ASX:VRX) – project update
Torian Resources (ASX:TNR) – acquisition
Canyon Resources (ASX:CAY) – capital raising
Alderan Resources (ASX:AL8) – capital raising
Linius Technologies (ASX:LNU) – capital raising
Anteris Technologies (ASX:AVR) – capital raising
Poseidon Nickel (ASX:POS) – capital raising
Pearl Gold (ASX:PG1) – capital raising
Alligator Energy (ASX:AGE) – capital raising
Cipherpoint (ASX:CPT) – capital raising
Sensera (ASX:SE1) – capital raising