Spartan Resources Limited (ASX: SPR) is an ASX-listed gold company which is pursuing a focused high-grade gold exploration and development strategy centred on the 100%-owned Dalgaranga Gold Project, located 65km north-west of Mt Magnet in the Murchison Region of Western Australia.
With its name echoing the fearless, disciplined focus of the famed ancient Greek city state, Spartan has overseen a remarkable turnaround of the Dalgaranga Project – which produced over 70,000oz of gold in FY2022 prior to an operational reset in November 2022.
The discovery of the high-grade 721,200oz Never Never Gold Deposit, less than 1km from the existing 2.5Mtpa CIL processing plant and infrastructure, has been instrumental in this turnaround – underpinning a fresh vision and new approach based on the delineation of high-grade ounces close to existing infrastructure.
- Never Never – a high-grade, high-quality discovery with Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resources of 3.83Mt at 5.85g/t Au for 721,200oz.
- Aggressive new phase of drilling underway with 3-4 rigs – over 20km of drilling planned targeting extensions and repeats. Next MRE update due Q4 2023.
- Developing a sustainable, medium term operating plan underpinned by the ~5 year old 2.5Mtpa Dalgaranga Plant, a modern CIL processing facility.
- Murchison Region Mineral Resources – 21.9Mt @ 2.0g/t for +1.43Moz and Group Mineral Resource of 38.5Mt @ 1.6g/t for +1.96Moz.
- High-grade “365” resource development strategy implemented:
- +3ookoz high-grade Reserve ounces @ +4g/t (Never Never)
- +600koz high-grade Resource ounces @ +5g/t (Never Never)- Already achieved!
- +5-year high-grade mine plan (Dalgaranga Process Hub)
Simon Lawson | Managing Director & CEO
Mr Lawson is a professional geoscientist with more than 16 years operational experience spanning multiple commodities and jurisdictions and was a founding member of Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST) that over his 6 years with the company transformed a small Western Australian gold mine into a multi-billion dollar global gold mining heavyweight.
Mr Lawson joins the board of Spartan as Managing Director after 3 years as the MD of Firefly Resources Ltd, a junior exploration company that merged with Spartan in November 2021.
Tejal Magan | Chief Financial Officer
Ms Magan is a Chartered Accountant with over 10 years’ experience in the mining, oil and gas and construction industries, within Australian and internationally listed companies. Prior to joining Spartan, Ms Magan held senior finance positions within ASX listed ship builder Austal Limited and global iron ore producer Cliffs Natural Resources. Ms Magan has led global corporate and treasury functions and she has been instrumental in stabilising and transforming finance teams in challenging environments.
Nicholas Jolly | General Manager - Exploration & Development
Nick has over 25 years’ experience as a Geologist in technical and leadership roles in the Australian Resource Sector and overseas.
Nick has a strong operational background in gold, nickel, and iron ore, specialising in developing and delivering aggressive growth strategies, asset integration, resource development and project management.
Prior to joining Spartan, Nick previously held key management roles with major Gold Producer Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST), focussed on integration and growth at Jundee, Plutonic and Kalgoorlie Operations.
Nick holds a Bachelor of Science from Massey University (NZ), a Graduate Certificate in Mineral Economics (WASM), and a member of the Australasian Institute of Geosciences (AIG).