ASX-listed Hartshead Resources NL and is focussed on building a financially, technically and environmentally responsible European Energy business.
Hartshead’s goal is to secure and invest in projects where resources can be extracted and delivered to meet Europe’s growing energy demand while supporting the transition to a low carbon future.
In progressing this strategy Hartshead is focused on its 100% owned Production Seaward License P2607 comprising of five blocks which contain four existing gas fields in the UK Southern Gas Basin.
Hartshead brings together a highly experienced oil and gas team with specialised knowledge covering subsurface, engineering, commercial, QHSE and capital markets with the required skillsets needed to successfully and safely deliver oil and gas upstream projects.
The gas fields and prospects are divided into three phases for workstreams and operations:
Comprises the Somerville and Anning Gas Fields. Both fields have historic production, multiple well penetrations, 3D seismic coverage and combined remaining resources of 324 Bcf of gas (2C contingent resources). Hartshead has commenced field development planning work on these two fields and intends to define the development concept and gas export route by 2022, Take Final Investment Decision (FID) on the development in 2023 and achieve first gas in 2024.
Comprises the Hodgkin and Lovelace Gas Fields. Similarly, these field have production, well penetrations and 3D seismic coverage. Seismic imaging requires improvement by reprocessing of the data in order to move these fields into development planning. Hartshead aims to complete seismic reprocessing by the end of 2021, prior to having the contingent resources in Phase II audited and moving these fields forward for development.
Hartshead’s exploration portfolio has undergone a study by Xodus Group which has generated a new prospect inventory totalling 14 prospects and leads with unrisked 2U Prospective Resources of 344 Bcf. Additional work is planned to de-risk the prospects further, economically evaluate and rank the prospects prior to the short-listing of a preferred prospect for initial well planning and drilling.
Chris Lewis | Chief Executive Officer
- Chris is a geophysicist and oil & gas professional with 25 years+ experience
- Experience gained with a spectrum of oil majors, small-mid caps, start-ups and consultancies
- Executive and board experience with geographical expertise in Africa, North Sea, CEE and Australasia
- Successful monetisation with Centric Energy, Lion Petroleum, ZETA Petroleum and Blackstar Exploration.
Andrew Matharu | Chief Financial Officer
- Andy has 25 years+ experience across the oil & gas industry and equity capital markets
- Commenced career as a Petroleum Engineer with Chevron and Kerr McGee in the UK North Sea
- Experience gained in corporate advisory, strategy, M&A and business development
- Experience of financing numerous small to mid-cap E&P and services companies
VP Business Development at Tower Resources plc – corporate & asset M&A and capital raisings
Don Ferguson | Operations Manager
- 37 years’ experience and trained as a Petroleum Engineer with Conoco in the UK and internationally
- Founder shareholder of UK SNS focussed Highland Energy and Caledonia Oil & Gas, both having highly successful growth and exit histories
- From 2007 to 2011 was a Director at First Reserve Corporation – serving as Board advisor for two North American E&P companies
- COO of Hansa Hydrocarbons, an E&P company focused on the UK and Dutch sectors of the SNS which exited to Discover Exploration in 2018.