Aura Energy is an Australian based minerals company that has major uranium and polymetallic projects with large resources in Africa and Europe.
The Company is focused on uranium production the Tiris Project, an evolving major greenfields uranium discovery in Mauritania, with Aura announcing a Resource Upgrade in August 2021 of 10% or 5.0 million lb U3O8 bringing the total JORC Resource to 56 Mlbs (at a 100 ppm U3O8 lower cut-off grade).
In 2022, Aura will continue to transition from a uranium explorer to uranium producer, to capitalise on the growing appetite for nuclear power as a critical, baseload, near-zero-carbon energy source to help drive the global shift towards decarbonising energy generation.
Phil Mitchell | Non-Executive Chairman
- Significant experience in mining M&A having held former roles as Head of Business Development and Strategy at Rio Tinto. Former CFO of Rio Tinto Iron Ore, member of the Executive Committee at Anglo American, and headed acquisitions for billionaire Robert Friedland’s company, HPX.
- As Head of Business Development and Strategy at Rio Tinto, he was responsible for managing all aspects of the company’s asset and commodity portfolio and was accountable for the M&A portfolio and divestments, in addition to the daily management of the BHP takeover proposal.
- As the CFO of Rio Tinto’s iron ore business, one the largest Australian business units, he oversaw all commercial aspects of the business including relationships with all JV partners and government. He was also responsible for developing the strategic plan that dominated profitable expansion to support China’s growth.
Patrick Mutz | Non-Executive Director
- Former MD & CEO of African focussed uranium company, Deep Yellow (ASX:DYL) and Alliance Resources (ASX:AGS).
- Holds uranium operational experience in open cut, underground, and in-situ mining and related processing.
- Currently MD & CEO of Image Resources (ASX:IMA), which he drove into production to become a profitable mining company, with early repayment of debt.
- Significant experience in transitioning companies from explorers to producers.
Dr Will Goodall | Acting CEO
- Aura has appointed Dr Will Goodall as acting CEO to rapidly build momentum towards expansion of the Tiris Resource and preparation for uranium production.
- Dr Goodall has worked with Aura for over 10 years, has held the role of Aura’s Principal Metallurgist since 2018, and was responsible for delivering the Tiris Uranium Scoping and Definitive Feasibility Studies, and the Häggån Uranium Scoping Study.
- He contributes over 20 years of experience in geometallurgy, mineral processing and hydrometallurgy across a wide range of commodities, contributing a strong mix of technical expertise and corporate experience.